Friday, May 13, 2005

Blowing my collective running wad

This Sunday is the Bay to Breakers....I am extremely excited and nervous...this is the culimantion of all my recent running madness. So here's a brief overview of the history
  • Summer 2004: I start running..albeit it's about 1/4 or 1/2 mile every other day
  • 10/1/2004: I run my first 5K
  • Fall/Winter 2004: On my own I can run about 2 miles every other day
  • 2/27/2005: I run another 5K with Hollis
  • March 2005: I sign up for Bay to Breakers
  • March - May: I train for Bay to Breakers with Forrest
  • 5/1/2005: Forrest and I run 6.5 or 7 miles (my longest distance EVER!)

And now...it's here...all my training will be tested to see if I can run it without passing out or throwing up....I guess we'll see

1 comment:

Malibu Betty said...

My point being....it's only been like 6 months and I've come this far. And I used to DESPISE running. It's still not my most favorite activity, but since it's gotten easier, I do enjoy it more.