Sunday, May 01, 2005

Retire Disco Betty?


I'd like to say "NO" but maybe that's not totally true....I'd like to honestly believe that one does not need to compromise any one of one's desires and can mesh all sorts of behavior into a sustainable lifestyle...I believe I managed to do that pretty successfully in the past - or have I? I believe that it is not impossible to mesh a workaholic, partying rock star and gym rat into one person....I thought I did that pretty well.

These days, the disco part of me is losing steam to my fitness side - it's really an unfair fight...to have a gym rat take on a drunken go go dancer is like shotting fish in a barrel. But is this a temporary adjustment or a new prioritization? I would in many ways dislike giving up my title as "female who can out drink more males" and I do enjoy staying out late and dancing until my legs practically give out...is there still room for that dancing queen?

As life and society is already so filled with extremes and the pressure to conform to one group or another, I wonder - will I need to reassociate myself? And what would be my new association? And would the new group be supportive should disco betty need a periodic comeback tour? Is it neccesary to choose? I feel that it is my right to have each toe dabbling in a different lifestlye pool....simultaneously.

No comments: