Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Stressful Eating

Oh Boy. Lunch today was very stressful. Food = Happiness in the world of Betty....So I don't like to do ANYTHING unpleasant while eating, so I can avoid any negative associations with food. But today, at Dim Sum...paramedics arrived into the restaurant and were attending to a very frail old lady who had recently sat down with her family for lunch. The paramedics were there for about 30 minutes...then more medics arrived with paddles, a gurney thing and an IV. She was smiling and talking to everyone so I don't know what was going on....maybe she was dehydrated and the IV was all she needed??? I dunno...all I know was that I felt like I was slowly suffocating - and had to either help or leave, because they were in my line of sight. Knowing that my intervention would provide no additional medical value, Zyrene and I left...but still I am extremely uncomfortable and in some ways involuntarily feel as though I need to get rid of my lunch.

I obviously don't handle these types of situations well...case in point, a run in at Target...

1 comment:

Malibu Betty said...

Fastest lunch I've ever eaten...took most of the stuff on our table to go...eating tums now...