Friday, April 01, 2005

Larry Stone - the man, the myth, the legend


Friday night I went to Rubicon with Forrest, Molly, Mike, Chester and Cindy. I had heard of this place in an article about Master Sommeliers featuring Larry Stone. We all got the tasting menu (of course) there is no other option when you're sitting at a table full of 1. foodies, 2. lushes and 3. you're at a place like Rubicon. It was amazing! The attention from the staff (especially Larry Stone), the finely coreographed serving of the courses and the personal attention from Mr. Stone. I particulary liked how he signed the menu for me...and wrote "Viognier Rules" for Mike.

Chester has already put up pics and commentary of the food so click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think that Mr. Stone wrote "Viognier Rules" as an April Fools joke on Mike?

Anonymous said...

That's the meanest thing I've ever heard. I think Larry was genuinely excited about another excited wine buff.

Anonymous said...

C'mon, how could that be?!?