Saturday, April 02, 2005

North Beach Beer & Oyster Festival


Saturday afternoon I met up with Trisha at the North Beach Beer & Oyster Festival. I was delighted at the idea of stuffing my face with oysters (of course) and Trisha was excited to be in SF and not in Tahoe (for once) and get to explore the delights of her new hometown.

Above is a picture of the $15 plate of a dozen oysters. The picture does not lie, those fuckers are HUGE! Literally, they were triple the size of regular restaurant oysters and they were MEATY. Yummy goodness, but only after I got the plate (to share, of course - because I like sharing) did Trisha tell me that she doesn't eat oysters.....that wench...she's so fired (again). But I talked her into eating 2 and I wolfed down the remaining 10 with a zeal not yet witnessed by mankind.

No comments: