Monday, June 20, 2005

Social Cardio

I ran outside ALONE twice within the last 7 days. And I found it BORING. First alonetime run was at Bayland park over by the Twin Creeks sports complex off Lawrence Expressway and 237. I thought it would a bigger loop but with a 45 minute training run I did about 4 figure eight laps around that place...at least the scenery wasn't too bad, but one can only stare into the marshlands of Alviso for so long.

Sunday I ran for 65 minutes on the Los Gatos Creek Trail starting in Campbell...I ran all the way to Los Gatos, turning around somewhere in between the Lark and Highway 9 exits. Scenery is much prettier on this run, and there were lots of people out...but my iPOD lost juice 2 seconds into my run and I was left alone to my devices. The urge to walk back to my car and go ANYWHERE else was very strong, but the running prevailed...

I have finally deduced that I have to run outside with other people. I really need the social commraderie of it to distract me from wanting to do something else that's not as tiring. I dunno what it is, but I just don't enjoy it as much....but on a treadmill I can run forever (bc i can watch TV and pretend to race the people on the treadmills next to me). I may be retarded

No comments: