Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Aliens are Here...EEK


Another day, another movie... Went to watch War of the Worlds with my brother and his friend Chris last night. So apparently I am a movie fiend these days, replacing my former nightly wine drinking activities. It's done amazing things to my productivity, as if I couldn't possibly be more of a busy body, eh? Anyhoo, this movie kicked ASS! I was SOOOO stressed out for most of it though because it's a mass of savage humanity at some points and things where large groups of people are going out of control make me uncomfortable. And although he's being super weird lately, Tom Cruise is phenomenal in the movie...he may be a weirdo scientologist but he is a damn fine actor. And Dakota Fanning is great - it's hard to believe that she's only 11 years old and has such amazing range in fulfilling dramatic roles... Don't listen to people saying the ending sucks, it's the same as the original movie...and I think it's rather fitting.

No comments: