Monday, July 11, 2005

Super Fantastic


Went to see Fantastic Four last night. Dude, I am turning into a movie watching MACHINE! Anyhoo, this flick is definately a full price viewer* and I would even buy the DVD. I freaking love comic books and almost blew my collective geek wad at this movie (I'm saving my geek wad for X-Men 3). Full of action but not to the point of being completely ridiculous and sometimes funny/sad like they may have been attempting for that Oscar, just kidding. Acting and casting I think was pretty good too.

Key points:
For those of you who like Jessica Alba, holy crap she is smoking HOT in this movie. I always thought she was super cute, but seeing her in this movie almost made me want to be a lesbian.
The guy who plays Johnny Storm is super cute in a cocky asshole sort of way...lol

* Movie Rating System (similar to people appearance rating system)
  • Full Price: So good it's worth being gouged by the big movie houses and sitting in smelly, crowded theathers where inevitably a baby will be crying through the whole movie
  • Matinee: Good, but you can think of at least 2 other places to spend the $$ and time
  • DVD: Somewhat entertaining but does not warrant effort in driving somewhere, waiting in line and enduring all the pains of a movie theater. Also could be good background sound for a informal get together.
  • Wait for TV: The lowest of all ratings, what you watch when you're stuck at home with the flu and forced to watch daytime television and can't change the channel because you've lost the remote and the will to move and find it.
The people rating system I will divulge at a later time, but most of you have already heard snipets of...brown bags anyone?

No comments: