Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dinner at Arcadia


Peach Melba - My dessert from Arcadia. The middle item is a Bellini but instead of peach liquor it's a scoop of sherbert, super fun. Had an executive seminar/dinner there during the week of my conference. It started out with a sommelier led wine tasting, a 30 minute presentation and ended with dinner/dessert. The sommelier was from the Michael Minna restaurant and was attentive and led a fun interactive tasting but gave a limp handshake..ugh. In a service based industry with lots of customer facing opportunities, I feel the handshake needs to be firm and confident.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not supposed to be peach liquor in a Belini, it is supposed to be peach puree.

Still your dessert looks great. I just want to make sure you're not getting scammed by any want to be bartenders. And a kir royale is with cassis, damn it!

Malibu Betty said...

ahhhh..I didn't know. I knew it was peach and champagne....I mean, I'd drink anything with champagne in it, eh?