Monday, July 25, 2005

Fore!

Saturday, went to play golf with Forrest, his dad and Adam at Poppy Ridge in Livermore. We started out on Chardonnay and the back nine was played on Zinfandel. I friggin LOVE golf but you wouldn't know it by my lack of playing ability....I tried to maintain composure and not swear everytime I swung my club. It is a frustratingly fun sport.

Saturday was fun - albeit a bit hot...the weather forecast predicted 100 degrees in the Livermore Valley. I think we all drank at least a few gallons of assorted beverages each...and was still feelig a bit parched. There were multiple reapplications of sunscreen by all parties throughout the day, in order to avoid sunburn....because I can't even imagine the kind of sunburn we would have gotten from a day like Saturday. I think Forrest's dad was the only person who kept track of his score...the rest of us were on par on the level of sucking that keeping score would have resulted in a 18 holes of snowmen :) but I did get my first birdie - second hole on the back 9....par 3, if only all my shots were like that...

No comments: