Thursday, July 28, 2005

Malibu Betty World Tour

Summer is the season of concerts, festivals and assorted other fun stuff that brings joy and drunken mayhem to cities all around the nation. I am on domestic leg of my 2005 world tour, just about to wrap up 3 straight weeks on the road.
  • San Jose, CA (hometown tribute)
  • Houston, TX
  • New York, NY
  • Boston, MA
So needless to say, I've been spending my fair share of time sleeping in very well air conditioned hotels over the past few weeks and adjusting to various time zones. This year's travel schedule has been rather light overall, save for the month of July...but all in all, much reduced from last year. Those who remember will note that you barely remember me from later year - that's because I basically wasn't around, I was probably on a plane.

It's been tougher this time, I'm more tired and I don't know why... Last year I barely slept and all I want to do this year is sleep and I don't look forward to the time exploring these cities as much as I used to. With increase responsibility apparently comes less sleep, since I've been speaking at seminars, I can no longer stay out until the wee hours hardening my liver... I have more to do in general that requires more concentration....which has me spending more time looking outside my hotel window from my laptop, instead of looking for my hotel because I've gotten lost during exploration.

I may just need a vacation (as I've been saying for years...ugh) because I'm probably just a little burnt out, just don't know where I want to go and what I want to do... I mostly would appreciate a quiet day at home alone to sleep in, lounge in my underwear all day doing nothing.... Can't wait to get out of casa de kang for that.

1 comment:

Malibu Betty said...

What I should REALLY do is STOP FUCKING COMPLAINING.