Monday, July 18, 2005

Book Review: Something Blue

Just finished the book Something Blue over the weekend. This is the second book in a set of two, from the other girl's point of view. So this book is from Darcy's point of view, the girl who is super cute yet super bitchy and apparently has always gotten her way. So in the first book, Rachel (her BFF) falls in love with Darcy's fiancee...in this book, you see Darcy go completely insane then become a normal warm-blooded mammal after losing her fiancee, losing her boyfriend, then being pregnant alone. Good beach read and entertaining, but you won't be a rocket scientist or anything afterwards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read it! I have some books to return to you...Vy read the book as well. I basically slapped the Candace Bushnell book out of her hand when I spotted her starting to read it. I told her that it was crap and a total waste of time! Which it was!

Malibu Betty said...

It's pretty good. I think I liked it better than "Something Borrowed" as I was not the most thrilled with the premise of the other book. You want to be happy for Rachel but she is sitting there having an affair with her bff's fiancee. I don't how much of a beeyotch Darcy was, that's a pretty fucked up move.

The Trading Up book was HORRIBLE wasn't it? UGH - who knew, she could make such a great show, yet such a shitty book.

Anonymous said...

I didn't like any of Candace Bushnell's books at all. The show was funny and well written, but her books were so shallow and nasty. I have to at least like one character in a book, a little bit, in order to enjoy it.

I'm ready for my turn at Something Blue, too, whenever it comes up.