Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Asian Film Festival - Keka


Tuesday night Forrest and I wend to see Keka at the AMC Kabuki. This movie was featured as part of the Asian Film Festival that happens in San Francisco annually. I've been trying to go to this festival for years but never made it...dunno why, but never felt that compelled to be 'one with my people' that much. I'm asian - that's all I need...hahahah

Back to the movie - it was great! I was thoroughly impressed...
It was a dark comedy about a girl (Keka) whose boyfriend is killed by a rival fraternity. She mopes around for something like 5 years and then decides to get revenge and kill the 5 bastards that killed her BF. She goes and starts killing these guys and totally gets off on it...but in a strange comical way. For instance, after she kills retard #1, she calls her friend and says "woo-hoo! who's the man, I am!" to which her friend calmly says "hey idiot, maybe you should leave the crime scene". Then Keka shrugs, says "oh yeah, you're probably right" and then kinda trots off. During her killing spree she meets Jason (guy she's kissing in the picture) who's a cop and they totally fall in love - small caveat - he doesn't know that she's a serial killer and she doesn't know that he's investigating the crimes she's committed. The ending is great.....

No comments: