Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Thowback Words

My brother made fun of me the other day for using the words "wherewithal" and "behooves" in a regular sentance. He not only laughed but basically called me a grandma for using such outdated words. But - take that Sam! I looked them up, and they are real words...hahahaha

wherewithal

n : the necessary means (especially financial means) adv : out of, or by means of which; "tools wherewith to scrape the windshield of my car" [syn: wherewith]

behoove

v : be appropriate or necessary; "IT behooves us to reflect on this matter" [syn: behove]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, tell me he still has to take English 1A before graduating?? You should have sent that boy to SCU!

Anonymous said...

"It behooves us to choose eggs carefully and treat them right."
-Julia Child

Malibu Betty said...

chester i must insist that you stop using big words on my site...my processor cannot define them fast enough