Thursday, March 10, 2005

Yummy Yum Yum


If you haven't been to Bacar, you're missing out...it's just soooo good. My work event at Bacar was cancelled so instead of wasting a perfectly good opportunity to eat at Bacar, Forrest and I went to sample some of Bacar's yummy goodness. Julie, Tim and Trish were also supposed to be in attendance but stuff came up and plans were changed - not I said the food explorer.

I wish I took pictures, I wish I had brought my camera, I wish I was eating there right now instead of sitting here in my cubicle, it wasso good...I can almost taste it right now.
So here's an idea of the dinner:
  • Whole steamed jumbo artichoke with lemon oil, herbed fleur de sel & lemon aioli (oh boy and do they mean jumbo! the thing was the size of an unpeeled pomello)
  • Soup Special: An asparagus soup made with chicken and clam stock
  • Pizza of serrano ham, asparagus, arugula& shaved reggiano
  • Nueske bacon wrapped new zealand venison with herbed spaetzle, citrus segments & pomegranite gastrique
  • Wine? Ferrari-Carano Tresor (blend of Merlot and Cab - not too shabby)

Honestly I was fascinated with the size of the artichoke! I don't know where they found the damned thing...unless Chernobyl started farming artichokes. I also found the spaetzle intereting...very doughy but not pasta almost like little tiny tried soda bread pieces like they used to serve at the Shark and Rose...way back in the day. I'm soooo going back to Bacar - there's an entire menu of stuff to try.

No comments: